An easy, light, summer recipe that is only 190 calories? Yes, please! Check out this Chickpea Salad with Seared Sirloin.
1 sirloin steak (12 oz./375 g), about 1 1/2 in. (3 cm) thick
1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro 15 mL
1 tsp. chili powder 5 mL
Canola oil cooking spray
1 small head cauliflower
3/4 tsp. cumin 4 mL
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper or cayenne 1 mL
1 can (19 oz./540 mL) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 c. halved grape tomatoes 250 mL
1 Tbsp. canola oil 15 mL
1/2 tsp. grated lime zest 2 mL
2 Tbsp. lime juice 30 mL
1. Trim any visible fat from steak. Combine cilantro and chili powder. Lightly cover steak with canola oil cooking spray and rub spice mixture over steak and let stand for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, slice cauliflower into four thick slices. Cover slices with canola oil cooking spray and sprinkle with cumin and pepper.
3. Preheat grill to medium heat. On oil-sprayed grill, place cauliflower, turning occasionally for about 20 minutes or until tender crisp and golden. Remove to cutting board. Chop coarsely and place in bowl.
4. Increase grill to medium -high heat and grill steak for about 8 minutes, turning a couple of times until still pink inside (or grill until desired doneness). Remove to cutting board and let rest for 3 minutes before slicing thinly.
5. To cauliflower, add chickpeas and tomatoes. In another small bowl, whisk together canola oil, lime zest and juice. Drizzle over salad and toss to combine. Serve salad on plates and top with sliced steak.
Calories: 190 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 35mg Total Carbs: 17g Fiber: 4g Protein: 17g Sodium: 250mg
* Recipe courtesy of Emily Richards and CanolaInfo.