Looking to avoid the crowded, noisy restaurants this year and stay in for a cozy Valentine’s Day? Staying in doesn’t have to mean the night is any less fancy! Get dolled up and celebrate with this decadent Valentine’s Day menu that we prepared for you.
4 Heads Belgian Endive
1/4 c. Dried Cranberries
1/2 c. Chopped California Walnuts
4 oz. Roquefort Cheese, Crumbled
1/2 c. Roquefort Dressing, Prepared*
3/4 c. Mayonnaise
1/3 c. Buttermilk
Juice of 2 Limes
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
1/8 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
Pinch of Coarsely Ground Black Pepper
2. Main Course – Balsamic-Honey Glazed Lamb Chops
8 American Loin Chops (Shoulder or Rib)
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 1/2 tsp. Dried Thyme Leaves
1 1/2 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 c. Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 c. Honey
4 Small Apples, Figs or Pears
1. Brush lamb chops with oil and sprinkle with thyme, pepper and salt. Cook in large skillet over medium-high heat for 10 min., turning once.
2. Heat vinegar and honey in another large skillet. Stir and bring to a boil. Core and cut apples or pears into 10 slices. If figs are used, cut them in half. Add fruit to bubbling mixture, turning to coat. Cook until the fruit is glazed and just tender.
3. Place browned lamb chops into the bubbling mixture. Turn the chops every minute to glaze with sauce. Cook to desired degree of doneness. Serve with glazed fruit and a drizzle of sauce.
3. Cocktail – Chocolate-Covered Cherry Martini
4 (16 oz.) Jars Maraschino Cherries
1 (750mL) Bottle Absolut Vanilla Vodka
1 c. Chocolate Liquer
Addition Maraschino Cherries, for Garnish
Semisweet Chocolate Chips (Optional)
1. Drain cherries, reserving juice. Put 3/4 c. juice in a 1 gallon pitcher or other container. Save the rest of the juice for another use, such as a topping for ice cream or a flavoring for milk.
2. Add vodka and chocolate liqueur to the cherry juice; mix well. Add maraschino cherries. The liquid must cover cherries. If not, add more chocolate liqueur. Let stand at room temperature for 2 to 12 hr. If not using within 12 hr., refrigerate mixture. It will keep up to 1 week, if cherries are covered with liquid and mixture is in a sealed container.
3. To serve beverage, pour liquid into a drink shaker filled with ice. Shake well and pour into martini glasses or other drink glasses. Garnish with a fresh maraschino cherry.
Note: After drink liquid is used, cherries can be drained and covered with melted chocolate. Melt 2 c. semisweet chocolate chips in the microwave for approximately 2 min. Dip cherries in melted chocolate; let set on waxed paper for about 30 min.
4. Dessert – French Silk Pie
1 c. Sugar
1/4 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1 Tbsp. Water
4 Squares (1 oz. each) Unsweetened Chocolate, Coarsely Chopped
1-1/2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 c. (1 stick) Butter, Room Temperature
1 Graham Cracker Nut Crumb Crust or Basic Baked Piecrust