Looking for some spooky recipes for Halloween? We put together our top 5 favorite Halloween Baking Recipes that are sure to be a hit at your monster bash. Check them out and tell us your favorite!
1. Spider S’mores
(Picture and Recipe by Pillsbury)
- 24 graham cracker squares
- 6 milk chocolate candy bars, broken in half
- 24 marshmallows
- 12 pieces of black string licorice, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 24 red candy-coated chocolate candies
- Set oven control to broil. On ungreased cookie sheet, place 12 graham cracker squares.
- Top each with 1 candy bar half and 2 marshmallows. Broil 45 to 60 seconds or until marshmallows are toasted and chocolate is softened. Press 4 licorice pieces into 2 opposite sides of each soft marshmallow.
2. Mummy Chex Cereal Bars
(Recipe and Picture by Chex)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 bag (10 oz) large marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 8 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1 package (12 oz) orange candy melts
- 1 package (12 oz) purple candy melts
- Candy eyeballs, sprinkles, for decorating
- Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish or pan with cooking spray.
- In large microwavable bowl, microwave butter uncovered on High about 45 seconds or until melted. Add marshmallows; toss to coat. Microwave 1 to 1 1/2 minutes longer. Stir until marshmallows are completely melted and mixture is well blended.
- Add cereal; mix well. Using waxed paper or spatula sprayed with cooking spray, press mixture evenly into baking dish. Cool 15 minutes. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 3 rows.
- Meanwhile, line work surface with waxed paper. In small microwavable bowl, microwave candy melts as directed on package to melt. Dip each bar and decorate as desired, using photo as a guide. Place decorated bars on waxed paper about 30 minutes or until set.
3. Loaded Reese’s Cookie Bars
(Recipe and Picture by Hershey’s)
- 1 pouch of Better Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
- 1/4 cup of Hershey’s Natural Cocoa
- 1/2 cup of softened butter
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoon of Reese’s Beanut Butter Chips
- 1/2 cup of Reese’s Baking Cups and Reese’s Pieces Candy
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom and sides of 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix cookie mix, cocoa, softened butter, water and egg with spoon until soft dough forms. Stir in 1/2 cup of the peanut butter chips and the sprinkles.
- Using a metal spatula, evenly spread dough in pan. Sprinkle candies over top.
- Bake 22 to 26 minutes or until set around edges. Cool 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave remaining 2 tablespoons peanut butter chips uncovered on Medium (50%) 1 minute; stir. Continue to microwave in 10-second increments until chips can be stirred smooth. Spoon melted chips into small resealable freezer bag; partially seal bag. Cut off small corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle over top of bar. Let stand about 1 hour or until drizzle is set. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows. Store in airtight container at room temperature.
4. Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies
(Recipe and Picture by Hershey’s)
1/2 cup of softened butter
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of light brown sugar
1/2 cup of Reese’s Creamy Peanut Butter
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of Reese’s Pieces Candy
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, egg and vanilla in large bowl until fluffy. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well blended. Stir in candies. Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned; remove from oven. Cool slightly; remove from pan to wire rack. Cool completely. Makes about 30 cookies.
5. Scary Monster Cupcakes
(Recipe and Picture by Betty Crocker)
2 containers of Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy Vanilla Frosting
1 box of Gel Food Colors
1 package of Candy Eyeballs
1 box of Icing Decorating Tips to pipe frosting.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups. Make and bake cake mix as directed on box for cupcakes. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Divide frosting into five separate small bowls. Stir 1 teaspoon desired color gel food color into each bowl. Spoon each color frosting into separate decorating bag fitted with desired tip. Pipe frosting on cupcakes to look like monster’s fur.
- Decorate each cupcake as desired using candy eyeballs and decorating gel.
Follow us on social for more fun recipes, deals and more!